HACCP, which is short for Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points, is a food safety system with which all companies located in Europe which are active in the food industry are tested. In order to meet the HACCP criteria, companies that produce or process food must describe the possible risks and dangers in an extensive plan, also known as the HACCP plan. The standards that must be met must limit the risk of contamination.
The 7 principles of HACCP
HACCP is not a manual with tangible regulations, but is intended as a preventive system consisting of a few critical pillars. This system is based on the following 7 principles:
- Identify all potential hazards;
- Determine the Critical Control Points (CCPs) with which everything is monitored, in order to prevent dangers to the food safety;
- Set boundaries for each control point;
- Determine how the control points are safeguarded and/or monitored;
- Record corrective measures per CCP;
- Use verification by means of a periodic check, with which you need to demonstrate that the HACCP criteria are effective and lead to sufficient safety;
- Documentation and registration; the system is recorded and changes in the approach need to be documented.
Solutio as your HACCP partner
Food safety is of crucial importance to companies and organization within the food sector, but 100% safe food does not exist. To minimize risks, there are rules to which people who process food must comply. The HACCP standards provide guidance, but periodic checks are required to keep track of necessary changes in the system. Solutio helps your company comply with the HACCP criteria. With our Plug-In Management System©, that is tailored to your specific needs, we create one complete process description with which you meet all the requirements in your sector; both now and in the future.
Solutio also offers tailor-made HACCP training courses, in which we provide your employees with knowledge and insight into processing food responsibly. These training courses are tailored to your needs and wishes, so that the insights can be applied immediately. Would you like to know more about our working methods and how we can help you meet the HACCP criteria? Contact us by calling +31 164 234 003. You can also mail us via mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.